BlackRock, January 2011 - Present
- Researched, prototyped, tested, designed, and helped launch a new Market Insight site section that received an “A” rating by Corporate Insight (www.corporateinsight.com) in their April 2013 review, and that (in conjunction with email marketing campaigns and paid search) increased site traffic by 88% for the Financial Professionals site and 58% for the Individual Investors site.
- Iteratively prototyped, tested, and managed work by an outside agency to create a unique educational and interactive experience for a new set of indices designed specifically for pre-retirees.
- Worked with marketing, development, and an outside agency to create a highly usable, highly impactful, mobile-friendly global presence for the new Global Corporate Site.
- Translate business requirements and project concepts into wireframes, then prototypes. Translate prototypes into visual designs. Work with developers, business partners, and outside agencies to realize those designs.
- Create user-centered designs and interactions by employing research-based methods to understand users' "conceptual model" of a task. Participate in user testing and research to this end.
- Globally interface with colleagues from various departments, including other designers, marketing partners, and developers. Clearly and concisely communicate to all levels within the company, about design decisions, web standards and web capabilities related to specific projects as well as user experience and design in general.
Visual & Production Web Designer
BlackRock, November 2006 - January 2011
- Designed and produced BlackRock’s Kelso website using wireframes to create a grid layout on which all page templates was based. Also created the visual designs to the satisfaction of the business partners.
- Created microsites, campaign collateral, flash components, emails, etc. to support the production and maintenance of all BlackRock web venues, including the award winning Financial Professionals site.
- Create visual designs for online solutions, then convert into working web pages using HTML & CSS and following web standards, Additionally, code ActionScript for Flash-based site components.
- Support the Content Management and Marketing teams in various capacities, including: daily site updates, creation of promotional materials, development of interactive gadgets, troubleshooting site errors, and creation of complex designs & layout solutions.
- Ensure all designs reflect BlackRock branding standards.
May 2006 - October 2006
- Create layouts and designs for print and web for various clients.
College Art Gallery Graphic Designer
TCNJ, February 2005 - May 2006
- Create layouts and designs for invitations, catalogs, and other print items for gallery events and openings.
Computer Graphics Lab Consultant
TCNJ, September 2004 - May 2006
- Provide instructional help for fine arts, graphic design, and interactive multimedia students in the use of the lab facilities, machines, and software. Troubleshoot minor software and printing problems.
SOFTWARE & SKILLS
Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, Axure RP Pro, HTML, CSS, XML
BFA, Graphic Design
The College of New Jersey
Dog Handler / Foster Home
EASEL Animal Rescue League
February 2011 - Present
Board Member / Web Designer
Woman, Cradle of Abundance
February 2013 - Present